Friday, August 28, 2009

Unaccepted attitude

The working environment is actually quite bad from my point of view. There is an arrogant bitch with the Manglish that she is proud of only because she's an International School and Canada University grad. Well, I'm not going to comment much about her as I already complained about her a lot in Facebook.
Another incident that happened yesterday really made me mad too. Another girl in the department (basically only 3 staff and currently has 4 as I'm having training there) that I always refer her as senior because she has been working there for 3 years already. On the first day that I joined this company, I remembered clearly that she reminded me to be fair and look at people equally especially in HR role and she always does that because she's a heavy Taoism believer.
However, yesterday she did something that was really disappointing. One of the company driver (Malay guy) came in to our office to hand over a form to her and she has to let him used her pen to fill in something that he missed out (only for a few seconds), after the guy left, she walked to the restroom with her pen and came back with it. The explanation that she gave when the banana teased her was,"I went to washed my pen with soap in the restroom, I really don't like to let Malays touch my pen." I were sitting there listening to all of these crappy conversations and I guess I shouldn't be alive and writing this blog anymore as I shared stationery, sometimes even shared food frequently with Malay staff while working in Carrefour.
Ok, have to end this here and get ready for work. *forcing myself to go to work*

2 comments:

Zoe Walker said...

That's really BAD!! How can anyone think of another human being that way?? How would she like it if someone elses has done it to her?? We all are inherently prejudice, as much as we don't like to admit, but we would make a judgement on first impression, but most of us would then feel guilty and brushed aside that initial feelings, and try to see that PERSON as who she/he really is, inside.
Wat ur colleague did is appaling! i mean APPALLING!!! Adam says that next time she use ur stationery, u shld go wash it in front of her, or ask if she could clean it before she returns it :P

Siew said...

What she did make me mad too but it's really not much I can do.
I like Adam's suggestion:)

Post a Comment