Monday, September 14, 2009

Sorry for confusing my FANS...haha

I knew sometimes I complained a lot and I do understand that every job has pros and cons. I think I confused my readers a little bit...haha...I were not happy working there but I'm hanging on because I don't want to leave merely because of some stupid people, it's not worth!
One of the main reason that I left actually was my own incapability. That stupid girl didn't teach right but I did manage to figure out how to do most of the paper works by applying some common sense, it just took me longer to catch up. However, I finally had my access to the payroll system on the previous Saturday and I couldn't find some familiar columns that I suppose to edit in order to pay the staff's extra allowances or OT. In those 2 weeks period, the banana always sat there keying in things and suddenly turned to me and said, "Remember I mentioned about key in data in the system?', then, she'll turn her monitor facing me and continue "just key in this in this column and key in that in that column". Well...I understood those but after I had my own access...I couldn't find the way to go to the certain columns, i.e. she's teaching me partly from the middle of the process. Furthermore, another girl is trying to find fault in my work since then as she's trying to make sure her alliance's name remain good and that means more time for junk and less time for me to explore and try to figure things out by myself.
I really appreciated that the manager gave me an opportunity and taught me a lot, patiently but I don't think I can get the payroll done on time and without getting myself and the manager a tsunami...haha.
By the way..I don't think I help the manager much...I had quit and thinking of it'll be better for him to get a person with payroll experience since the closing date is 22 of the month but the new girl only stayed for 2 days.
That is one of the reason he chose me at the first place among me and the girl that stayed for only 2 days. He knew that banana's bad attitude and she chased away many girls that he hired. *pointing my nose up to the sky* I'm actually the one that stayed longest under her stupid and evil training...haha.
I believe every person and company hires someone for some reasons and this manager is actually the second 'corporate style' manager that I saw hiring 'a person that only wants to work to pass time' because they want the candidates' maturity in handling the tasks.
My ex-French Boss hired 3 Customer Service Executives that trained by me and there's only one that performed good. The first girl that I trained was a local university grad that promoting herself with 'I can speak Japanese'. That sounds great,I bet for both the manager me too as she has an extra language ability especially Mid Valley has many expatriates. Well, well...none of us realized that we are sinking slowly...the problem waved it's hand with us when we found out that she really can speaks ONLY Mandarin and Japanese. She doesn't understand when staff try to talk to her in Malay, managers try to talk to her in English and of course she annoyed customers by not understanding them. When I picked a few customers that are actually nice (regular customers that always share and chit chatting with us while complaining too) and get her to just say hi and show some concern on the latest complaints that they sent in using the customer suggestion forms...she wrote every single word on the paper when I were giving her some ways, examples or vocab to communicate with the customers (I needed that too when I first dealing with customers), despite me keep on reminding her that those are only suggestions and she has to change according to customers' responses, she read the words from the paper accordingly and I'll never believe the customer will respond according to my 'rojak suggestions' that suppose to get her ready for various type of responses. I were so fed up and finally got her to call a Chinese aunty that can stay on phone with me from an hour or two. She annoyed that lady too because she doesn't understand her while the lady speaks English and she can't speaks and don't even understand Cantonese. Of course I had to clean her mess finally.
Meanwhile, the one that works to pass time managed to work and handle the whole department independently after 2 weeks and we work together happily. She really never cares about how much she earns as she never check her payslips. Once when I asked about her salary, her answer was I tak tahu and I knew she is not the secretive type of person. I teased her by saying I'll open one of her payslip (the most recent that I just received from HR dept)and she took out another two payslips for the previous month from her drawer and asked me to check those for her too, none of the slips get any of her attention at all, all of them were sealed still. She is such an amazing girl to work with and I do miss her a lot recently (we lost contact).
I really appreciated my experience in Carrefour as due to my position and trust from the Boss and other colleagues, I learned a lot and I have seen a lot of so called extraordinary situation.
Lastly, my blog's always open for comments, suggestions, opinions regardless positive or negative towards my point of view and I am glad all of you are there to share and cheer me up...keep it up but I definitely do not appreciate judgment unless someone can show some evidence to prove me wrong. Everyone gone through different path and there's no right or wrong in most of the incidents as dealing with different people, different environment and etc always change the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment