Sunday, June 21, 2009

Relocation again??? Maybe!

I knew that I had make up my mind to settled down in Penang, but I think the reality doesn't really allows me to do that. I am expecting a lower pay in Penang compared to KL but seems like it's a bit too low comparatively.
However, this is not my main reason to consider about relocation as the living cost here is not as high compared to KL, so the pay is still acceptable. From my own point of view, Penang's working environment has a type of culture that it's really difficult for me to adapt. I am not too sure what is that culture's name but I think the main cause for that culture is 'traditional china man attitude', so without any mean of discrimination, I named it with that.
The main problem I faced in those jobs was the expectation from the Boss. Due to my previous work experience, all the employer hired me wih the expectation of able to work independently and with minimum supervision. Besides, some of them even telling me about how hard they are trying to change their company to corporate style, they need management to manage the new store...blah, blah, blah...After I joined the company, they always tried to make sure I did not work on my own instead reporting every single thing I did without trying to give any suggestions. I had work according to their expectation but then later complaints will be out from those bosses' mouth, saying that I did not perform like what I said I can during the interview.
I am quite tired from working in this type of environment, nothing can be done as you will be categorized as nosey only because you are making suggestions of putting the Chirstmas tree away in Feb (2 months after Christmas), replacing a box that was broken so that it's easier to store things nicely later and etc.
Thus, currently Mark and I are both applying for jobs in KL and once either one of us get a decent offer, we'll pack and move.

1 comment:

elaine gan said...

sounds exciting! Congrats on the new job. WHere will you be staying?
A reason to meet you when i'm back in KL :)

Post a Comment