Saturday, February 28, 2009

Great Work Experiences...

My new work like is kind of dramatic and I bet many of you haven't have chance to see the happenings yet. This is the first time I work with a local-based company and it's really out of my expectations that I have so much to see and learn only in 2 months.
The Boss is a cunning man that always try to take advantages from others when he can. Day to day working there, by putting the information from other coworkers and my own experiences together...I think this man fully utilizes his courage and brain SEPARATELY.
When I first joined, he is renting 2 lots in the same building but different floor for office and storage. I had been told that due to the great expansion of business, the company will be move to a new, bigger office with storage attached and that is about the time for the company to turn into CORPORATE. After the relocation, both landlords from the old office and storage lot keep hunting him for outstanding rent (at least 3 months) and lights (he took away all the lights in the storage lot that belongs to the landlord), his first solution for that is telling people that the company is no longer in the building and had been moved to mainland. Few weeks later, he has to put up a label for company name at the mail box after the postman returned some letters to the senders, then he started to get the staff to says: the company still in the building with different management.
The real excitement happened only these few days when a sales department staff (JL) tender her resignation by giving one month notice as per stated in appointment letter on Wednesday, the B forced her to terminate herself with only 24hours notice and of course JL doesn't want to do that. Thus, JL refused to return the company phone until he clear her pays for Feb, March (1 month notice) and other claims. From our point of view, it doesn't matter how do u think about that, all of us think that JL has the rights to hold the company phone as long as she's still the company staff and it really shocked us when we knew that the B went to file a police report on Thursday noon for that RM99 phone. Besides, he gets the police officer to called and informed JL about the report he made, that starts the real war with the involvement of K (another coworker, A's bf) that always think the Boss has to be punish for his bad actions. K gets his friends to help, accompanied JL to files report in police station for that cheap phone, labour office, industrial court, socso, consulted lawyers when the Boss threatening want to sue her for breaching the employment contract.
Furthermore, yesterday he terminated A with the excuses that she doesn't go back for meeting (after work hours). A used to be the one he likes and trusts a lot, plus an intention to offer her the position of girl friend. Thus, A kept some of the sms that he sent to her months ago...I read some and it's too much for a Boss to a secretary. In the messages, he wrote things like: I would give you full massage if you want; you can be my girlfriend and you will be a little bit more blissful; you are not good that always did not dress up as nice except today because you want to eat Char Koay Teow with someone else...(some of those sms are in Manglish plus Hokkien, maybe I should have the original type out here:P). All the while all of us actually trying to get A to make a report on that and advice from Labour office is police report for sexual harrassment but A doesn't not want to lost her job although she knew that there's a risk for her to get hurt as she always has to stay back alone after work with the Boss. She stayed back with him until 9pm on Thursday night with no advanced notice given and not allowed to answer any incoming calls from her mobile plus office phone. Luckily nothing happen to her that night...but since he's being unreasonable and terminate her, she made a police report for sexual harrasment yesterday as she doesn't feel comfortable to finish her final month work for notice with extra work hours where she has to be alone with him.
I am not sure how's the final outcome will be as this man for sure has tones of stupid courage to solve problems and I can see the reasons some of them trying to get him in trouble because he abused, abusing and will keep abusing others if none of the people do anything to give him some punishment. Currently I don't think I have future in this type of company and especially those girls have problems for him to solves due to his products and my focus is a short trip with Mark...haha.

3 comments:

shingold said...

Yeah, that place has been a nightmare since you started.
I'll be glad when you leave there and can find Something else that you will like.
I love you.

Lennie said...

i really salute u for surviving in this company till now..pray hard that u can leave the company soon :) all the best.. miss u alot oo

Siew said...

托你的金口。。。我今天就自由了!谢谢。

Post a Comment